This baked delight makes a wonderful breakfast or afternoon snack, best paired with a cup of unsweetened tea or coffee. You can also warm it up and spread light butter/margarine to eat it as a toast.
1 1/2 cups plain white flour
1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoons salt
2/3 cups sugar (I used xylitol)
1/3 cups vegetable oil
4 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup dried cranberries
1 green apple
3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: Bake in the oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit for 70 minutes. (Check after 60 minutes)
- Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Mix well and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, peel and mash bananas. Add the eggs, oil, milk, and vanilla. Whisk well and make sure that there are no chunks of banana remaining. After removing the peel, grate the apple into the mixture and stir.
- Add the dry ingredients into this mixture. Mix thoroughly until it is combined and the batter is consistent.
- Add the cranberries and nuts; stir well.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and put into the oven.
This recipe is my variation of a recipe featured on Yummly. My amendments were to reduce the sweetness, as a taste and health preference, and add in nuts which my family loves.
Enjoy this delicious bread and please leave feedback if you try it.